The Independant gives an overview of the new Berlingo Multispace 1.6 and it’s pretty positive. Some of the highlights:
- It’s much bigger than the original (10 inches), which has been renamed the Berlingo First.
- Some details: the price is £12,375, the engine is a 1.6 litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel, the top speed is 100 mph with an acceleration of 0-62 mph in 14.3 seconds
- It’s fairly green (even the non-Eletrique version) with an average fuel consumption of 49.6 mpg and CO2 emissions of 150g/km.
- Other similar cars are the Fiat Doblo, Renault Kangoo, Skoda Roomster
- The interior and exterior still have, “cheerful plasticky practicality” although it’s built on a different platform — the C4 Picasso MPV.
- It does not drive like a van as did it’s predecessor. In many ways it’s more car-like.
Read the full review here which includes some more qualitative impressions: The Verdict: Citroën Berlingo Multispace 1.6